Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Star Top Box

At my class on Saturday I gave everyone a treat bag, I love to give little thank you's for those that come to the class.  This was this months thank you treat!  I love this little box, and it's really easy to make, all you need is the gift bag punch board!  That's it!!!!  I saw this box here and loved it!  I wanted to make mine a little smaller and be able to get 2 from one sheet of cardstock, so I did a few modifications to my measurements.
I started with a 4 1/4"x 11" piece of cardstock.  This gives me two per sheet-Perfect!!  The box is a great size too!  I filled mine with some trail mix bags, I got these at Target.  You could put a bunch of chocolate or any other little treat in there too. 
All you need to make this like I said is the Gift Bag Punch Board.  Instead of following the instructions on the board I simply scored it at the 'side' line every time.  I added the triangle score lines too, that helps give it that start top.  With an 11" piece of cardstock it works out perfectly that you get 5 panels on the side. 
Just trim your smaller tab and adhere it to the other side, the bottom tabs just fold in on each other to close off the bottom.  I found it more helpful to punch a 2 1/4" Circle and adhere it on the inside of the bottom as well.  If you want more info on how I made this box I'll be doing a Facebook Live video on my Facebook Page at about 12:30 MT Time on Wednesday  January 17.  I hope you can join me!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!


Check out the video here


No comments: