Friday, December 15, 2017

Party Pandas

It is downright impossible not to love the adorable panda bears in the Party Pandas Sale-a-Bration stamp set.  Who doesn't love a panda!?  I have so many cards in mind for these pandas I can't wait to make them all!  This card is one of the first cards I had to make and it came out great!  Do you see that little pull tab at the top of the card? 
When you pull it the little panda floats up and away!  Isn't that the cutest!!!?  Love it!!  I used the Classic Label punch and a dimensional behind the panda to attach him to the pull tab.  I could play with this panda card all day!  On a personal note, today is the last day of school for the year for the kids.  I know YIKES!!!  I still have some sneak peeks to share and I'm sure I'll be stamping over the winter break but sometimes it gets challenging to post consistently and on time when the kids are home.  But I hope to have lots to share over the next couple of weeks! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!! 

*Note added after original publication.* 
I received a few questions on how to create the slider.  Sliders are really easy and you can make it with any image, you just need a front (panda), a back (a strip of cardstock), a channel (made with the Classic Label Punch) and a dimensional.
To create the slider I punched two of the Classic Label punch in my white layer, the size of this layer doesn't really matter as long as it's wider than the panda. Make sure your two punches over lap to create one long channel.  Slide a strip of cardstock behind the punched out channel (this piece is about 3/4" wide, but you could go wider if you wanted, it does have to be taller than your card to poke out the top).  Slide the piece until it's at the bottom of the channel.  Add a dimensional onto the strip INSIDE the channel.  Add your panda to the other side of the dimensional. Your panda should slide up and down the channel now.  To keep everything straight I added some dimensional strips on the back on either side of the sliding piece.  Trim the top of your sliding piece if necessary.  You want a little to poke out but not a lot.  Then just add it to a card base.   

2 comments:

Miss Emilie said...

Can you post measurements and directions how to do the pull tab? TFS!

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, this is darling! Love this set too. I would also LOVE to know how you did this. Merry Christmas!