Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Block Watercoloring

At the Summit, my demonstration was 'Inky Techniques'.  I wanted to share lots of ways to create amazing inked backgrounds and elements for cards.  The first technique is Block Watercoloring.  All you need is an acrylic block, ink, watercolor paper and a water spritzer.  Smoosh your ink all over your block in the desired colors.  Spritz your paper lightly and your block generously, then quickly flip your block onto your watercolor paper and put something heavy one it.  I use a punch.  Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then carefully pull the block off.  Make sure you pull the block off while the ink is still a little wet.  Then let your paper dry.  It gives amazing results and really very little effort on your part. 
In my first card I created my background then I stamped the ornaments on them and cut them out.  These are not just backgrounds that have to be used as backgrounds, use them as the main element on your card.  The second sample I did use for my background but the colors were so bright and intense and I loved the look and I didn't want to cut it apart.  This creates fun backgrounds.  Experiment with colors and have fun with this one!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: