Monday, August 28, 2017

Light Up Light Sabers

Last week was Logan's Birthday, he's pretty Star Wars obsessed so I wanted to make a card that even a cool 11 year old would like.  I think I accomplished it.  This fun light saber card actually lights up!  
There's a battery and lights in the card and when you press it the light sabers light up.  To get the light sabers to really shine I used an Xacto knife and cut light saber light shapes (so basically a rectangle).  Then I attached some vellum behind the cut out pieces and colored them with Pacific Point and Real Red, you know light saber colors.  I finished the card with some embossed greetings and some light saber handles made with the Modern Label punch. 







As for my battery here's my whole circuit.  I used Chibitronic lights.  I bought mine on Amazon.  They have a starter kit you can get and there's lots of videos on Youtube about how to create these cards.  Basically you channel your inner scientist and create a circuit with some copper tape.  The copper tape connects the negative side of the light to the negative side of the battery and the same with the positive side.  Since I had 2 lights I had 2 separate circuits connected to the same battery. It all sounds very confusing but it's actually pretty fun to make, and it makes for some really fun cards. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

No comments: