Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Close To Being A Mermaid

Finally I'm sharing the last of the cards I made at craft weekend and my favorite card from the weekend.  While searching on Pintrest one day for mermaid puns I came across this sentiment and I wanted it to be a card!  Looking back I should have made it a framed image to hang in my craft room, but maybe that's a project for another time.  For the mermaid I stamped, watercolored, and fussy cut the tail.  It's an easy shape to cut.  I layered lots of waves up in a variety of papers and colors.  I used vellum, Pool Party and Island Indigo.
For the background I use a block and come ink pads to get the awesome watercolored textured look.  I inked up the largest clear block in Island Indigo, Pool Party and Lemon Lime Twist ink then spritz it with some water and turned it upside down on some watercolor paper and let it sit for a while.  Not long enough to dry but long enough for the paper to absorb all the water and color (it was about 6 minutes).  Pull the block off and you're left with an amazing background.  For the bubbles I dropped some water drops onto the dried watercolor paper and then blotted them away with a paper towel.  Such a fun technique.

Even with all that on the outside the card still wasn't complete.  Here's the inside.  The full greeting reads: "If your thighs touch you're that much closer to being a mermaid, who's the real winner?" Super fun encouragement card for any girl out there!!  I love it!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!


2 comments:

@tmlsage said...

What a cute card did you just stamp each letter of the sentiment or is that a specific sentiment stamp thank you

Ruth Norton said...

I stamped each letter individually. I used the labler alphabet set.