Thursday, March 9, 2017

Birthday Butterflies

It's been a while since I pulled out my Watercolor Wings set and boy and I glad I did.  This card came out so beautiful!!!  I started by cutting the largest butterfly from the Bold Butterfly framelits in some scrap paper.  I used that for my stencil.  With my stencil and some sponge daubers I brought the butterflies to life.  I used Rich Razzleberry for the first butterfly, Calypso Coral and Watermelon Wonder for my second, Peekaboo Peach and Pumpkin Pie for the third and finally some Old Olive.  
I thought they still needed some detail to them so I clear embossed one of the butterfly detail stamps.  To make the details stand out a little more prominently I used White Craft Ink and lightly sponged over the embossed area.  It softens the ink around the embossed area so the brighter embossed area stands out.  So pretty!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: