Thursday, October 6, 2016

Galaxy Watercolor

I've seen lots of galaxy looking cards lately.  I love how they're watercolored.  I wanted to give it a try too so I pulled out some watercolor paper and ink and did my best.  Actually I really love how it came out.  Though I think next time I'll stamp the greeting directly onto the watercolor paper and not on the vellum, but it's ok.  The greeting says 'You Amaze Me'. To achieve this look, I watercolored in layers.  I did a bottom layer of Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugarplum and Bermuda Bay (I used a little Daffodil Delight but I didn't like that and eventually covered it mostly).  I did a wash of color with those ink and let it dry.  Then I came back and added lots of Night of Navy all over.  
The Night of Navy gives it that deep, dark galaxy feel, while the pinks, purples and blues shine through the bottom.  I didn't really mess with the watercolor too much, I really just let the water do it's job and blend and mesh the colors together.  Once it was completely dry I added white dots with a white gel pen and I splattered on some Gold Wink Of Stella and some black ink.  I really love this watercolored card!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: