Thursday, September 22, 2016

Rainbow Thank You

You guys know that I love rainbow cards.  Really I just love cards with lots of color, this one I can't even tell you how much I love it!  The best part.  I only used 3 ink pads (not counting Versamark).  Three ink pads!!!  You'll have to go back to kindergarten and recall your lesson on primary colors, but really to create a rainbow you only need a red, a yellow and a blue.  In my case I used Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  
Before I added the color to the base I stamped the flower from Touches of Texture and clear embossed it.  Then I started with Watermelon Wonder and a sponge dauber and covered about a third of the cardstock.  Then I added my Daffodil delight, making sure to over lap the Watermelon Wonder, there's my orange, Finally I brought in my Tempting Turquoise, over lapping the Daffodil Delight to get green, isn't that the pretties green too!!!!!  I did add the tiniest bit of Watermelon Wonder to the very tip of the Turquoise to get a pretty purple.  There's not a lot of it, the rainbow is pretty complete without it.  I really wanted a gold doily for this card but didn't have one on hand so I just pressed my Versa Mark pad onto half of a white paper doily and covered it in some gold embossing powder.  I may never use the white doilies again!  Some gold thread and a gold embossed greeting to finish the card!  I love it!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: