Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pastel Cacuts

I have one more sample from Birthday Fiesta, of course with the cactus.  I can't get enough of these cactuses.....cacti......?  Who cares!  This card is my favorite I love these pastel like colors together.  I love that it creates an almost night time sky just gorgeous!!!!! 
I started with stamping and cutting out my cacti, it's right I looked it up :)  Then I cut a hilly ground.  Then I got out my sponge daubers. I've been a little obsessed with creating backgrounds this way lately, but when you look at it, can you blame me!?!  I started with Blushing Bride on the bottom and worked up with Pool Party and Finally Wisteria Wonder.  I have sponge daubers dedicated for each color, they're all labeled with my label maker (it was a magical afternoon labeling them all cause I really love my label maker).  You don't want to mix the colors.  If you only have a few daubers you an wash them between uses and use them in different colors.  Just make sure they're dry and clean.  Often they'll stain and that's ok, just run it on some scrap paper just to make sure they're nice and clean.  I added some Crumb Cake ink to the bottom of the hill.  I wanted a little color but not too much, especially on the top of the hills.  Now comes the part where I tell you I lied.  This isn't the last card with the Birthday Fiesta set.  I have one more tomorrow, those of you waiting to see me pull out the llama check tomorrow.  That's the last one, I promise for real this time..........for now anyway!  

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!  

No comments: