Friday, July 1, 2016

Hugs and Fishes

I had the Seaside Shore set on my wishlist but didn't think I'd be buying it so soon.  But I just couldn't stop thinking about those fish.  Perhaps it's the Dory crazy that's sweeping the nation, by the way Finding Dory is such a good movie, we all loved it!  You should see it if you haven't, if you're in Albuquerque and need a friend to go with you I'll be your friend!  So many life lessons for all of us in that movie!  Continuing with the card now...I just had fish on the brain.  Especially mirroring the fishes like this.  Mirror stamping isn't new and there's lots of ways to do it.  Probably the most common way is to stamp your image on a window sheet then press the window sheet onto some cardstock.  You'll end up with a mirror image.  
I wanted my fish to be more than one color so used 3 ink pads.  You can use markers and actually markers probably would have blended the lines together a little better but I had my ink pads out and I'm a lazy stamper so I carefully inked it with the pads, I started with the lightest color and worked my way to the darkest color, easy peasy! There's tons of new stuff on this card but one other thing I wanted to mention was the greeting. I used the new Labeler Alphabet set.  I was curious to know if this set would replace my rotary stamp, the verdict.....I don't know yet.  I'm such a fan of the rotary stamp I'll think I'll have a hard time letting it go, however this set is fun, plus I like the block letters and I like that they're larger than the letters on the rotary.  One downside of the set though, I stamped my letters, every one of them, one by one.  I tried lining them all up on a block and stamping together but I found there was too much space between each letter especially with the block letters.  Is that a deal breaker-of course not, not for me anyway.  It's a little more time consuming to stamp each letter one by one, but I don't mind spending that time on a card.  So not sure it will replace my rotary stamp, but I'll be using this one lots!  Those of you in the USA have a very happy and SAFE holiday weekend!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: