Monday, July 11, 2016

Camera Shaker

I'm happy to report that after a long week of work I'm finally starting to catch up, not there yet but the end is in sight!  I have exciting things happening in the next couple of weeks, I have a class this weekend and the week after is Craft Weekend!  Yay!!!  I'm so excited, I need a break.  The summer seems to be flying by but we've been soooo busy that I'm ready for some time away!  But I do have a really fun project for you today.  This card was not my original idea but I love the final product even though there was a MAJOR craft-astrophe in the middle I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish it.  The card that inspired this one is here.  There's tons of cards on this post so make sure you scroll down until you find the camera card.  
My craft-astrophe, this is what nearly ruined my card and I nearly lost it at this point......I had just finished outlining my shaker image with our adhesive foam strips (which are phenomenal for shaker cards!).  You'll see I used a lot, one of the keys to a good shaker is to make sure there's no gaps in the adhesive areas that's holding your shaker bits.  Any holes and you'll loose your shaker bits.  The strips are perfect to do this!  I love them so much!!!!  Once I got all my strips on there I filled up the shaker, took off my backings and then accidentally hit my card and boom shaker bits (chunky gold glitter from a big box store) all over my strips.  UGH!!!!!  I think I just sat there staring at it for a minute.  At this point so much time had already been invested in the card, I was nearly done!!!!!  The front was stamped, I hand cut the flash with an exacto knife....I was just not ready to give up on this card.  So with tweezers I carefully picked every. piece. of. glitter. off. That took a really long time but worth it in the end. 
The card was then quickly put together as I didn't want to risk any more problems.  It's really cute though, and all the gold bits shake around. So fun!!!!
I have plans at craft weekend to make a bunch of shaker cards, I'm really excited I love them!!!!  But who doesn't love a shaker card!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: