Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sparkle Happy Birthday

Guess what I'm still here!  I haven't blogged in a while.  Even longer than you think.  My posts through the end of last week were scheduled weeks ago.  Then I never got around to catching up on posts.  Truth is, I haven't stamped much lately.  Not because of a lack of interest just a lack of time.  Probably a lot has to do with a little (maybe a lot) of disorganization on my part.  I'm finding more and more I need to make a to do list for the day, sometimes with time limits on some things, just so that I can get everything done.  I haven't taking on any extra tasks, I think I'm just trying to improve and do MORE with what I'm already committed to and that has taken up more time than I thought.  Not to mention spring break was last week for the kids and well, when they're around it's even harder to get stuff done.  But they're a good distraction.  But I did have some time yesterday to sit and ink up some rubber.  When I go to long without stamping sometimes it's hard to get back your creative mojo, that's when I hit Pintrest and start casing thing!  This cards was inspired by this card by Mercedes.
I love the Party Pop up thinlits, but you don't always have to use them on the inside of a card.  I loved how Mercedes attached this to the front of the card AND in glitter paper, even better.  It really makes for a fun, quick card!  I threw in a few background stamps from the Timeless Textures set and used the Brushstoke background stamp on my card base.  I'm loving the staples lately too.  I've reached for my stapler a lot lately, it's a fun and different way add some layers.

Thanks for looking, see you soon! 

No comments: