Thursday, March 17, 2016

Party Wishes Cake

This was the first time I inked up my Party Wishes stamp set.  And it's sooooo cute!  I mentioned yesterday that you'll probably see lots of birthday cards from me this year. I hope they inspire you too!  This card came out really cute!  It's super simple and all done with our Stampin' Write Markers!  
Did you know that you can color directly onto your stamps with our markers it's a great way to get multiple colors on one stamp.  I tested out a new technique with my markers with the cake, I'm not even sure what it's called, I've never seen it done but I love the look of it!  I used my Blushing Bride marker to color the cake then I used the side of my Pink Pirouette marker and quickly scribbled over the cake.  When it stamped it looked like the cake was full of ruffles and just so pretty and cute!!!  Make sure you use the side of your maker and don't put too much care into it.  You're really just using a lighter color to push the darker out of the way.  The finished result is so fun!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!  

No comments: