Friday, March 11, 2016

Mountain Sunset Challenge

I was excited to pull this challenge from my jar.  It just said mountain sunset.  I immediately thought watercolor so that's what I did.  I used watercolor paper and our Stampin' Write markers for this card.  When I watercolor I like to scribble the markers onto one of the acrylic blocks and either use a paint brush or an aqua painter to pick up the color from the block and add it to the paper.  You could also smoosh an ink pad onto the block to get the color that way too.  The blocks clean right up, no big deal.  If you really don't want to use a block, just use any non porous surface, a stamp case, plastic plate, laminated paper, anything that will hold the color and not absorb it.  I used lots of colors and makers for this, it's a really rough watercolor and I made sure to dry between the layers.  Over all though I loved it!  That's it for the challenges. I did make a few cards for myself at craft weekend and I'll begin sharing those next week.  I feel badly that I didn't get to everyone's challenge, I do hope to continue working on them when I have time. 

No comments: