Thursday, February 25, 2016

Sliding Seeds

If you follow my blog or attend my classes you know that I always like to give my guests who attend my classes a thank you gift.  They're taking time out of their day to come to my class, plus I really just like making them :)  This month I made little sliding packages that held a seeded paper.  If you're not familiar with this, it's paper that has seeds in the paper, you just tear up the paper put it in a pot or in the ground, cover with a thin layer of soil water and flowers will grow.  Isn't that cool!  I thought sliders would be the perfect package for these!  
They're super simple to make.  I used the Flowering Fields Sale a Bration DSP.  Each seed slider uses a 6x6 piece of paper so you can 4 per sheet.  Put adhesive on the bottom and along one side.  Then you just fold over your DSP so it overlaps slightly in the middle (the adhesive you put on the side will hold it all closed) adhere the bottom down and you have a little pouch.  I used a retired punch for the top but really any punch would work you could even use a small circle or oval. Punch through both layers on the top of your slider.  Thread your ribbon through, use your seed paper (or whatever your putting in your slider) to push down the ribbon to the bottom of the pouch.  Tie your ribbon at the top and your done! 
Then the item you've put in your slider will slide in and out all while staying nice and contained because the ribbon is stuck in there via the punched hole.  I hope that all makes sense.  They're really easy to make and so much fun to give!!!  If you're interested in the seed paper you can get it from Amazon here.  

This afternoon I leave for my Disney Craft Weekend!!!  I couldn't be more exited.  I will have lots and lots of posting and updating on my Facebook page over the weekend.  Maybe a few giveaways, you never know!  To follow me throughout the weekend make sure you 'like' my Facebook page here.  I'm so excited about this weekend.  Michelle, who hosts these amazing weekends, let me in on more of the planning of this one and I just CAN'T WAIT!!!!  You won't want to miss any updates!
    
Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!

No comments: