Monday, August 24, 2015

Merry Snowflakes!

 I'm having lots of fun with the new stamp sets from the new Holiday Catalog!  We're just over a week away from debuting the catalog!  Yay!!!  This stamp set (Holly Jolly Greetings) is one of my favorites and you can get in in a bundle with the framelits (Christmas Greetings) and save!!  To start this card I masked off a part of the white cardstock with some washi tape.  I just took a strip and stuck it diagonally on my paper.  Then I stamped the snowflakes with some Tempting Turquoise ink.  Then I lightly sponged the rest of the white with some Soft Sky ink.  Finally I did some 'glitter splatter'.  This is my new favorite way to use glitter!  Simply mix a small amount of tombow with a small amount of water and use a paint brush to 'splatter' the mixture on your card.  Sprinkle with glitter.  Boom!  Glitter Splatter!  LOVE IT!!!!  Once the glue was dry I carefully pulled off the washi tape and I had a perfectly masked area!

I cut the greeting out the greeting with my framelits and some Silver Glimmer Paper to match the glitter splatter.  I white heat embossed the 'Christmas' on a strip of back and attached that to the card along with the 'merry'.  The rest of the card is pretty simple.  I added a couple of strips of scrap paper to tie the whole card together.  This is such a fun set!!  Can't wait to do more with it!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: