Thursday, July 9, 2015

Toadally Awesome!


Can we just take a minute to admire how stinkin' cute this card turned out.....so cute!!!!  I think it's safe to say I'll be pulling out both the You're Subline Set and the Dots for Days Background set often!!!!  The Dots for Days might, just might be my favorite background stamp set......EVER!!!  It's it adorable!!!!  I struggled with this card for a couple days, I didn't like any of the layouts I tried, finally after a few failed attempts I thought I'd try these dots.  HELLO!  Where have these dots been all my life!!!???!!  A quick punch to make a frame for our sweet little toad and this simple card was done, and it's A.DOR.ABLE!!!!
There are a few other details that make this card stand out.  The frog.....errrr..toad is stamped and embossed with Black Embossing Powder then I used Blender Pens and ink pads to color him.  I added a little Crystal Effects on his eyes to make them glossy and pop a little.  His little hand holding the heart is really what sets him apart though.  I punched the heart from the Hearts Border punch and put it on him, cute....but it was just hovering there....and covering his hand...that wasn't going to work for me.  I pulled out my Xacto knife and carefully cut around his teeny tiny fingers, then I carefully put the heart under his hand.  Sucess, that looked a bazillion times better!!!!  I covered the heart in Dazzling Details Glue.......because why not????  I just adore this card.  So sweet!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: