Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Spinning Sheep


If there are 2 sets from the new catalog that have stole my heart one would be Dots For Days {best background EVER!} and probably Barnyard Babies.  I seem to reach for this set more and more and more.  The little animals are just tooooo stinking cute!  This card started out as like a counting sheep for bed card, but since I couldn't find a greeting that captured that element I turned it into a baby card.  Mostly because I really wanted to finish it, it was too cute not to finish!  The Circle Framelits are the real heros of this card.  I cut out two circles one in Pool Party and a smaller one in white.  Then I traced and cut the white circle out of some printer paper and folded it to find the center and to evenly quarter off my white circle without having to eyeball it.  That never works for me.  I stamped one sheep in each of the quarters. 
My vision on this card was the white piece turns, and the sheep just keep coming.  LOL!  It's super cute!!!  See where the counting sheep would have really been a cute card???  If anyone has a greeting suggestion for that card please comment and let me know, I'll make you a spinning sheep card if I use your greeting!  So stinkin cute!!  I could sit here spinning this card over and over again....oh wait I have done that.  I just gets cuter and cuter!!
The sheep are all colored the same.  I used my Blender Pens and Smoky Slate, Pool Party and Wild Wasabi Pads.  Super simple coloring.  To make the spinner card I used a brad, put through both the Pool Party and White layer.  The Pool Party Circle is slightly bigger and thats key to this card.  You want to adhere the Poop Party circle down along the edges (where it won't interfere with the white circle) with Dimensionals.  I cut mine so they were smaller and fit better.  Don't put any adhesive on the white circle and make sure it's not touching any adhesive and stick it to your card base.  The white circle will spin and the Pool Party will stay put.  So super cute!!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Kay Jantz said...

OMG how cute is that!