Friday, July 24, 2015

Sliding Bee-Guest Blogger

I've asked my friend Kim to guest blog today.  You can see Kim's blog here I know you'll enjoy it!  Remember to follow me on my facebook page to keep up to date on all my activites at Superhero Academy this weekend!  Here's Kim:
 
So the other night I was doing some stamping and, as I often do, I texted a picture of the card I made to Ruth because I was pretty impressed with myself!  LOL  To my surprise, she asked me if I would type something up for her to share on her blog!  Now, if you don’t know me, one thing you should know about me is that I am Ruth’s complete and total STALKER!  Her talents BLOW ME AWAY and so I check her blog every single morning right at 6:00 a.m. (which is what time she posts, in case you didn’t know that little nugget).  Anyway … to be asked by Ruth to guest blog for her is a complete honor and I’m happy to do it!

 

The card I’m sharing was created for a co-worker named Barbara who often goes by “B” and, consequently, collects bees.  I wanted to make a bee-themed card.  I also wanted to play with making a slider card after seeing Ruth’s ice cream slider card which was SO CUTE!  I should say here that I have no idea HOW to make a slider card!  I just played with what I wanted the card to do and managed to make it work.  I will be attending a scrapbooking event with Ruth this weekend and I can’t wait to have here share some tips with me! 

 

In order to make the “Truth” part slide, I put a “track” on the back of the daffodil delight card stock using strips of the edges of dimensionals.  The card stock just sets right inside that track between the two strips of dimensionals so that it stays right where I want it.  (I’m sorry I don’t have pictures of that part ~ I didn’t know I would be sharing a blog post on this card.)  After I got the back part of the slider working properly, I realized the front part was just kind of “flopping” around.  I needed to secure it in some way, so that’s why I added the basic black scallop strips.  They are acting as a “track” on the front of the card to keep everything in place.  (I would have preferred NOT to have those black strips, but since I haven’t learned the magic from Ruth yet, I just had to make due ~ there is ALWAYS a way!)

 

As you can see, when you slide the “truth” sentiment out, it says “You can do it” behind the slider.  (Barbara is taking a brief leave from our office to be a substitute teacher, so the sentiment seemed appropriate.)  To finish the card off, I couldn’t resist stamping a little bee on the inside too.
Barbara received the card on Tuesday and LOVED IT!  (It’s so easy to impress when the card is interactive! ~ Note to self … perfect the art of slider cards ASAP!)

 

I hope you enjoyed today’s post.  Thanks for looking and THANK YOU, Ruth, for letting me guest blog!  It is an honor.

 

Until next time … here’s wishing you many creative adventures and a very blessed day!
 
Stamp sets:       
Words of Truth
Honeycomb Hello (for the bee)
Cardstock:          
Basic Black and Daffodil Delight
Tools:                   
Big Shot
Hexagon Hive Thinlit
Scallop Border Punch (retired)
7/8” Circle Scallop Punch
1” Circle Punch
Project Life Corner Punch
Ink:                       
Memento Tuxedo Black


1 comment:

Rabia said...


Hi Ruth! 🐝 What a delightful read on your blog post about the "Sliding Bee-Guest Blogger"! The concept of a sliding bee guest is not only creative but also adds a playful touch to your stamping corner. I loved how you described the process and the vibrant colors you used. The step-by-step guide is incredibly helpful for someone like me who is always looking for new ideas to try. The bee theme brings a unique and cheerful vibe to the crafting experience. Keep buzzing with your fantastic ideas—I can't wait to see what you come up with next! 🌼✨ #StampingFun #CreativeCorner #CraftyBuzz
https://ozarmour.co/en-us/collections/all