Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hello New Colors!


I always get anxious when the new In Colors are released every year.  I'm always wondering what they'll be, hoping for some old favorites.  The last 2 years I only liked a couple of each of the colors, the 2013-2015 colors I really only LOVED Coastal Cabana. Still sad to see that one go.  the 2014-2016 colors I like a couple of them, but there's also a couple I could really live without, I won't name names though ;)  This year, I was blown away. I. LOVE. THEM. ALL.  LOVE THEM!!!  As in buckle your seatbelts you'll see LOTS of these 5 colors over the next 2 years!  I wasn't sure how I felt about them until I saw them in person.  YEP, they're awesome!!!!  I stamped a quick chart so you can kind of see where they fall compared to other colors.  The one that surprised me the most was the Watermelon Wonder, I was expecting a more orangy color but instead it's this bright pinky-red.  So pretty!!  Those of you that have been around a while might remember some older colors, the Delightful Dijon is similar to More Mustard but has more of a gold tone to it.  The Mint Macaroon is reminds me of a dark Baja Breeze, they're just beautiful!
So I made a quick card with two of the new colors Mint Macaroon and Tip Top Taupe.  These stamps are also new, they're from a set called Build a Birthday, they're designed to make layers of a cake, or candles, but I thought they'd be super cute as a background by themselves too.
I added a quick greeting with the Hello You Thinlits and some glimmer paper.  I love our glimmer paper.  Whenever you make a card and it still 'needs' something add glimmer paper.  Anywhere.  It changes the look of your card instantly.  So what do you think of the new colors?
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: