Wednesday, April 1, 2015

You're Kitten Me!


First of all it's April 1, APRIL FIRST!!!  WHERE IS THE YEAR GOING!?!!  Someone slow the earth down please!  I think we're rotating faster than usual or maybe it just feels that way.... This is another one of those cards that I'll probably never part with.  I'm so smitten with this card.  First of all, this is a big kitty, the card is probably close to standard size (5.5x4.25), so he's bigger than your average punch art.
Second, his head wobbles!  Yes I said it, he's got a wobbly head....his head is mounted to the card with an action wobbler (found at a big box craft store) so when you move his head it wobbles.  So cute!!!  Here's the punches I used for him: Body and Head-Circle Framelits Collection, Feet-3/8" Circle, Stripes-Oval, Tail-Oval and XL Oval, Cheeks-Small Oval, Nose-1/2" Circle, Ears-Triangle, Eyes-Small Oval and 1/2" Circle.  For his whiskers I cut some scraps of vellum.
The card does open, when I cut the larger oval for his body I didn't cut the whole circle and left a bit at the top where it was folded to make a card that opens.  I pulled out my rotary stamp again for the greeting.  I've seen this little saying everywhere on Pintrest.  It's on shirts and art and cards and scrapbook pages.  It's everywhere.  Not sure who the original person was to come up with it, but it's soooooo cute!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: