Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Resist Valentine


I have a really fun Valentine card for you today.  I used the Embossing Resist technique, it's so fun! Plus you get the added bonus that the card looks really labor intensive when really it was all done in no time!  To start with I stamped and embossed all the hearts on the background in White Embossing Powder (you could also use clear, I just happened to have white on my desk).  I didn't use a stamp a ma jig I just stamped them and tried to get them as close to a pattern as I could.  The hearts, by the way, are from the Groovy Love set in the big catalog.  It's a great set with lots of fun hearts, plus they coordinate with the Sweetheart punch!  Once your hearts are embossed you just use a sponge, sponge dauber, brayer, spritzer anything to add color to your card.  The embossing powder 'resists' the ink.  I used Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral for my colors.  I made sure to make it lighter on top, but I did go in with my Calypso Coral ink and go over all the hearts to make sure they pop, even the ones one top with the lighter ink.
For the tag I used the Perpetual Birthday Calendar set for all the little hearts.  I stamped and embossed another heart in gold this time as well as the greeting.  To finish it I added a little gold sequin trim and some bakers twine.  I used some glue dots to hole the ends of the gold sequin in place, plus the glue dot keeps any stray sequin from falling off.  So cute!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: