Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sheltering Tree

I'll be the first to admit that this set wasn't my favorite in the Occasions Catalog. I thought it was just another 'tree set'. Then I saw a few samples with it and it grew on me. I decided to break down and get it, boy am I happy I did! This card is so pretty I'm totally in love with it! The leaves on the tree are stamped in three colors for more dimension. I used Pink Pirouette, Crisp Cantaloupe and Calpso Coral. The pink is so light I probably could have done without it but I love the multiple colors and the detail it adds. 

Adding a greeting was easy. I knew I wanted the greeting on vellum, but the white vellum looked a little harsh. I took my Calpso Coral Blendabilities and colored the back. I LOVE LOVE LOVE L.O.V.E this look!!!! It coordinates so perfectly with the card and draws your eye right to it. It's such a fun technique.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!

2 comments:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

I'm with you! I wasn't going to get this set either, until I saw so many cute things made with it. I love love love this card! Love the colors...reminds me of when Spring arrives in my old hometown, Chicago. Love the vellum idea too! Perfect!

Kay Jantz said...

I love this this card. Cool effect with the 3 layer of color. Great job Ruth! I as well have noticed all the different ways people are using this set. Way to go!!!