Monday, January 5, 2015

Shaker Butterfly


I told you I'm on a shaker card trend, well today I have a technique to do shaker cards that will shake up your world haahaa!!!!  I've seen this technique done by a few people, the first was here, and so I thought I would give it a try.  I'll get into how I did the shaker card in a second.  First, this set is gorgeous!  I didn't go into too much detail on the card, I was really more focused on seeing if this new technique for shaker cards worked.  But I think it's lovely.  This butterfly set is so pretty, I love all the stamps in this set.  They're all great for layering or stamping by themselves.  The best part the new Occasions catalog goes live tomorrow!  You can get this set tomorrow!  Yay!!!!!   
So let's talk shaker frames.  Up until now all my shaker cards have been done with dimensionals.  Well I have a serious love addiction with dimensionals so I'm good with dimensionals, but the problem that I found with dimensionals is the the edges stay a little sticky, so often your shaker material gets stuck to the sides.  Not ideal.  So I did lots of research and I came across this method, which I love and will forever use now!  Instead of dimensionals or any foam tape it uses a piece of fun foam.  You can get these foam sheets in 8.5 x 11 at almost any big box store, for sure any craft store, it's a brilliant idea!  To start I cut the butterfly in my cardstock, then I cut a piece of foam slightly smaller than the cardstock.  I traced onto the foam where my butterfly needed to be and used the framelit to cut it out.  I wasn't sure if the framelit would cut the foam, but it did with no problems!  Now you're all set to assemble your shaker card as you normally would.  Adhere your window sheet down then with lots of glue (I used Tombow) stick your foam down, fill your shaker card then attach another piece of cardstock (or to your cardbase) to make the back of your shaker card.  
I filled my shaker card with some chunky glitter and lots of sequins.  So pretty!!  I just love it and I love this new technique!!!  If you give it a try let me know I'd love to see your shaker cards!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: