Tuesday, November 25, 2014

{heart} You


This card is CASED from Shelli Gardner, SU Cofounder and CEO.  I saw it on her blog here (it's the 4th card down), and LOVED it.  I really wanted to recreate my own.  I love it!!!  Instead of watercoloring my background like Shelli did I decided to stamp it using the Chalk Lines set.  I love the borders in this set and because it's a photopolymer set lining them all up is a breeze!  I went with Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss for this card.  Out of all the In Colors, these are the two I love the most.  Especially the Blackberry, I think it's my favorite purple!!   
For the heart itself, I used my marker to ink up just the you, it's from the Another Thank You set.  After I stamped it I must have rubbed it because it got slightly smeared, not a huge deal.  If I did the card again though, I'd try to avoid touching it :)  I think it got smeared while I was adding the dotted/dashed border on the heart.  I think since all the letters got smeared a little it looks like I did on purpose, so I kept it.  It was my plan all along ;)  So to finish I added a little banner on one side of the heart and some linen thread on the banner and some loops behind the heart.  Such a cute card!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: