Friday, November 21, 2014

Clay Elsa


I really love our Simply Pressed Clay.  It's really a lot of fun to play with.  It's so easy to work with.  It's like play dough for grown ups :)  Without that yucky play dough smell.  I also love the way our clay dries.  Once it's dry it's not hard, it's light and airy and really just a lot of fun!!!  I'm trying to work with clay more and more.  I thought for practice I'd make a little Elsa for Megan.  I'll put a little eye hook in the top and add a chain to it for a necklace for Megan.
Our clay is white, you can dye it before you mold it.  If you do that I'd wear gloves, depending on the color you choose it could get messy!!!  For this one though I made it all in white then used my Blendabilities to color directly on the clay once it was dry.  It worked great!  I think next time I need to do a little practice with the skin tone and hair color (I think I should have reversed the colors) but it's still cute! 
These would also be really cute to make and then let kids paint them.  You could easily make disks out of the clay and add a string or ribbon for a Christmas ornament and let kids paint or color them (when they're dry).  There's endless possibilities for the clay.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: