Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Glitter Covered Leaves


Because is there anything better than glitter covered....anything!!?!  Nope I don't believe so.  That's why these gold glitter covered leaves are THE BEST!!!  I saw this card, that was made by Teneale Williams as a wedding card.  As gorgeous as it is, I wanted more of a fall theme to my leaves, so I went with our gold glitter.  The leaves are from the Holiday Catalog, they're the Autumn Wooden Elements.  I love them but as wood I find them hard to add to cards and projects....until now.  I do also want to mention that this card is a 3x6 card.  With the leaves going vertically I wanted a slender tall card.  A while ago SU used to sell envelopes for this size card.  I still have some, that's how I choose my card size.  You could always make a coordinating envelope with the Envelope Punch Board though :)
Back to the leaves, how to get the glitter on the leaves.  Teneale used Tombow to cover her leaves then sprinkle glitter over them.  I wanted to see if our Heat and Stick Powder would work.  So I smooshed my leaf into a Versamark pad then covered it with Heat and Stick.  Then sprinkled the gold glitter over it.  The heat and stick worked, but there were some loose pieces of glitter that didn't adhere as well as I would have liked.  I think next time I will try the Tombow, I think you'll get full, better coverage with Tombow.  To solve my 'loose glitter' problem, which I'll point out wasn't a big deal but I live with an anti-glitter guy, who is of the belief that IF glitter must be used, it MUST be attached so it won't come off and get tracked through the house and eventually end up on him.  {eyeroll}  So, back to my 'loose glitter' problem, I simply covered my leaves with a thin layer of Crystal Effects.  I actually LOVE this so much more than just glitter covered because now it's glitter covered, shiny leaves!  And the glitter, it's not moving! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: