Friday, October 24, 2014

Cat On a Fence


Black cats and full moons, what else says Halloween is almost here?  This card actually came out pretty cute, I wasn't sure while it was coming together, and looking at it now I think I should have put the cat behind the fence and not on top, it kind of looks like it's floating :)  Next time.  Aside from the floating cat, this card is lots of fun.  I especially love the background with the stars and all the night colors.  I was really easy to do too!! 
I started with a piece of Island Indigo cardstock.  Then I punched out some stars, the color doesn't matter.  I used some temporary adhesive to hold them down, then I sponged Island Indigo ink over the entire piece of cardstock.  Then I sponged Night Of Navy over the top half.  Finally I sponged Blackberry Bliss over the very top.  Then I removed my stars.  I used a white gel pen to add some little dots for the farther away stars.  I love the look of the sky :)  Maybe that's why I didn't notice my cat was floating until I was editing the pictures :) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, this is DARLING!!! And I think that kitty looks just fine where he/she is. What a cute card! Love it!