Thursday, October 16, 2014

12 Weeks Til Christmas Countdown: Week 3


It's week 3 of my Countdown to Christmas!!!!  Are you having fun counting down.  I am!!!  The last two weeks I've shared treat holders you could give to family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, anyone really!  It's a great way to spread Christmas cheer.  Today I have a card.  I adore this card and I'm so pleased with how it came out.  Normally I'm one to 'fear' the white space and often come up with ways to embellish and 'fill it in'.  I'm here to tell you, there's no fear in the 'white space'.  Sometimes the best cards are the ones that are simple and let the images speak for themselves.  Plus without all the extra embellishments this card is Post Office friendly and you could mail it without a padded envelope or extra postage (you know what I'm talking about!). 
I used the stamp set from the Holiday Catalog, The Newborn King, but instead of stamping the whole image, I used my Early Espresso Marker to color only the nativity scene.  I stamped and punched that out.  Then colored it in with my Stampin' Write Markers.  I punched another piece of cardstock for a window for the image.  I stamped the star in Hello Honey and added small dots to resemble other stars with the Hello Honey marker.  Finally for the greeting I used my markers again and cut out the 'newborn king' portion just to highlight it.  This is so pretty!!!  Remember don't fear the 'white space' :)
 
Remember to join me next week for week 4. If you've missed the past weeks click the links below.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: