Thursday, October 2, 2014

12 Weeks Til Christmas Countdown: Week 1


That's right you read that title correctly, 12 weeks until Christmas. Technically 12 weeks from today is December 18, but that gives you a few days to finish up those last minute projects!  This is the first week in a 12 week series.  Every Thursday until Christmas check back for a fun Christmas project, it might be a card, a gift or fun treat boxes like today.  These are super fun!!!!  The Fry Box Die is tooooo cute!!! 
I found these guys were easier to make when pieces were assembled prior to cutting.  For example on the Santa I glued a piece of Basic Black Cardstock onto some Real Red Cardstock before running it through the Big Shot.  The black belt cut perfectly!  Then all I had to add was the glimmer paper belt buckle.  His beard I did separately, I cut 2 pieces of White Cardstock using the scallop oval from the Oval Framelits Collection.  Then the were trimmed and stuck on the back inside of the fry box.  Add a quick nose and you're done!!!  I did add some 'boots' on him I thought it was a cute addition.  It's just a 1 inch circle punch cut in half.  Fill with some 'Santa kisses' (or treat of your choice) and it's done! 
The elf was done in a similar fashion, I took a piece of White Cardstock and notched out some triangles with the Christmas Tree Punch then stuck it to some Old Olive Cardstock before cutting it out.  Then all that I needed to do was add some suspenders-how cute are they!!!!!?!?! To finish him I added some bells and bakers twine.  So cute and who doesn't love a box that's filled with chocolate and jingles!!!??!  I'm excited about the next 11 weeks! Keep checking back!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: