Wednesday, September 10, 2014

You're A Star!


I'm an avid cardmaker, no huge shocker there.  You probably wouldn't be here if you didn't know that, however, although I make cards like a crazy card person I'm really bad.....horrible.....really horrible at mailing them.  Every year I say "This year I'm going to mail more cards....."  Guess how that goes?  This year was no exception, many cards never got in the mail.  This one I did manage to send.....over a month late :/  BUT I sent it!  It's progress, not huge progress, but progress and I'm happy with that! 
I saw a card similar to this on Pintrest.  They used a balloon die and hearts.  We'll I don't have a balloon die (though SU that would really be cute!!!) and I wanted to use stars instead.  I used my oval framelits to cut an oval in the corner then I used my small heart punch from the Itty Bitty Essentials and made the bottom of the balloon.  Super cute!!!!  I filled the balloon with stars from the same punch pack.  Super super cute!!!!  Of course no card is complete until it has glitter or shine, so the stars are all covered in a thin layer of Crystal Effects.  These colors are so fun together, I'm not a huge fan of 3 of them but together they all work.  I used Pear Pizzaz, Calypso Coral, Rose Red, Crushed Curry.  Any thoughts to which 3 I'm not a fan of using?????? 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: