Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Reading, Soccer and Pumpkins


Like I said yesterday I've been MDSing all weekend and I'm so super duper excited to share that I'm on my last few pages of my 2013 album.  I'm excited to see it printed especially because some of the pages I've done in the last few days have been some of my favorites :)  None of the pages are super complicated.  This entire albums theme has been simple pages.  There's not a lot of journaling on any of the pages, they're really just about the pictures :)  This first page was about exactly one year ago when Logan won the summer reading award (he won this year too).  He's such a little book worm this kid of mine!  This page was really simple I used the books from the All Time Fave download.  A quick chevron background and this page was done.  SUPER cute!!!!
This page was a little time consuming because I placed all those hexagons one by one, clearly because some of them are a little off.  But I'm really, really ok with that.  I could go in and align them all perfectly but I'm not a perfectionist and I enjoy the small imperfections that make a project hand made.  Once the background was done I just added pictures and a greeting.  I did lots of color matching on this page though.  The green the background is color matched to the grass on the field, the 'soccer' is color matched to the blue New Mexico sky and 'season' is color matched to Dan's shirt.  I love that everything is tied together. 
Finally the last page for today is our trip to McCall's Pumpkin Patch.  It's a local pumpkin patch that we enjoy, I usually refer to it as "a pumpkin patch on steroids" because it's soooooo much more than pumpkins.  They have TONS of activities for kids.  There's a little train ride (Megan could not get enough of this!), they ride in little cow train cars, there a petting zoo, there's bike races, there's duck races, there's a huge playground, giant slides, this place has it all!!  When you're ready to get your pumpkin you take a hayride out to the patches.  It's a full day of fun with pumpkins at the end.  I used some Halloween paper on this page I covered most of the bats that were on this page with pictures and the 3 banners.  You can see a little piece of a bat next to the black banner, but it's in the bleed area so I'm not concerned about that one showing :)  I have a few more pages tomorrow.....and Thursday :)  Friday I have a super cute Halloween treat box you won't want to miss! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!   



No comments: